Friday 17 February 2012

Tagged!

I was tagged by Rachel at Writing on the Wall. Rachel has asked eleven people to answer eleven questions of her own chosing. In turn, after answering the questions below, I have to ask eleven people to answer eleven questions of my own chosing, and so the tag continues. I hope that's clear!

1. What is one item on your bucket list?
 I would love to climb the Eiffel Tower. That sounds easy, but I'm scared of heights, so that makes it all a bit more difficult.

2. Please share a goal you have accomplished.
All my goals have been writing based. So publishing my novella is the most recent.

3. What's the next book on your To be read list?
 I keep looking at The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore when I'm stood in Waterstone's, so I imagine it'll be that. I tend not to plan.

4. What's the last book you loved?
 I've just finished The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender, which was strange, atmospheric and perfect.

5.What author would you love to meet? (Alive or dead is fine, it's a fantasy afterall.)
 So hard to chose - I'm going to say Daphne du Maurier, because I love her short stories but find her novels difficult to read. Maybe she could explain them to me?

6. If you could pick a name for yourself, what would it be?
 I love my name. At secondary school, with over 1100, I only had to write Annalisa on my work, because I was the only one. I always feel a bit gutted when I see someone with my name. Luckily, I've never met anyone in person, I might not be responsible for my actions!

7. What was your first pet?
 A dwarf lop-eared rabbit called Mufti.

8. Chocolate or caramel?
 CHOCOLATE!

9. Do you like to read about the past, present or future?
 Mostly, the present.

10. Where would be your dream vacation?
 New Zealand, or a tour of Scandinavia.

11. What did you have for dinner last night?
 Left-over lasagne, with Christmas cake to follow.


And now for my questions:
1. Which book, that you're supposed to love, do you actually hate?
2. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
3. Name four people (dead or alive) you would like to invite for dinner.
4. Can you remember your first teacher?
5. In which order should Star Wars be watched: IV, V, VI, I, II, III or I, II, III, IV, V, VI?
6. Which fictional character would you like to be for a day?
7. Sweet or savoury?
8. Do you have a tattoo? How many?
9. Do you still have your first teddy bear? (I do.)
10. Oggy, oggy, oggy... Does anyone know what comes next? (hehehe)
11. What are you reading right now?

If you're on this list, you're tagged! If you choose to play, you have to answer the questions above and pass 11 new questions on to 11 new people!

Julie at From Pen to Paper...
Maria at First Draft Cafe

julie fedderson at Gypsy in my soul
Life by Chocolate: Robyn Alana Engel's Blog
Jessica Salyer at Just Following a Dream
Tina at Life is Good
Patsy at Patsy Collins
Amy at Stuff and nonsense
Tasha Seegmiller at Tasha Seegmiller
M Pax at Wistful Nebulae
Julie at What Else Is Possible?

34 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, most awesome Annalisa. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hearing your answers. Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  2. New Zealand is a great choice! Go see all the LOTR film locations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sssh... don't tell anyone, but I've never watched LOTR... My hubby and kids used to have marathon sessions at Christmas, and invite family and friends, and eat take-away... I'd be upstairs writing.

      Delete
  3. I was totally thinking the same as Alex! And good call with the chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's chocolate around, I literally don't see anything else!

      Delete
  4. Great answers, thanks for playing along. :) You do have a beautiful name.
    I almost asked your #1 question, too! I know it is super popular, but I hated Eat, Pray, Love. Hated it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great questions to answer! I've not read Eat, Pray, Love - the film trailer put me off, though :-)

      Delete
  5. You have a great name. And great choice for chocolate. Mine is chocolate sprinkled with chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I used to choose chocolate cake in a shop by the number of separate times the word 'chocolate' was used, ie. A chocolate sponge, layered with a rich chocolate foundant, with chocolate swirls on top. The best cake we ever found had FIVE separate mentions!!!

      Delete
  6. Just came across your blog and following and will for sure keep coming back...

    Follow me also if you wish at

    http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.com/

    Oh, and just love chocolate....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks (I think) for the tag. I'll try to come up with answers as interesting as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - these things are a double-edged sword sometimes, aren't they? Don't feel pressured though! :-)

      Delete
  8. Hey Annalisa,
    That's a very Swedish name and you mentioned a tour of Scandinavia...so do you have Swedish roots? Regardless, I'm glad you stopped by my place and big THANKS for the tag. Wanna know a secret? I'm a total nerd when it comes to positive reinforcement. I sold MK. Don't laugh, I was terrible at it. We were required to wear dresses or skirts, hose, and heels. Whenever we were in public. WHENEVER. It's all over my blog that I dress only in uniform. Jeans, black t-shirt. After 5 years of that, I branched out bravely to embrace new colors. I'm even further along now: some of my shirts are v-neck, one has a square neck, and one has a PATTERNS and TWO colors. Not your typical Mary Kay lady. But the prizes...oh man. I'm a sucker for shiny rocks, any color. If the prize was jewelry, I always achieved that goal. I have some wonderful pink sapphire, pink topaz, pink cubic zweconia, and of course, a crown pin with pink crystal on the tips of the tiara. Where was I? (The drugs that are keeping me breathing are also scrambling my brain...)
    Oh yes, prizes. Recognition. You recognized me and said it out loud and now new people will come visit me, so THANKS. I'll do the 11 question thingie for today's post. Am I supposed to tag you back?

    Tina @ Life is Good

    Co-Host of the April 2012 Blogging from A to Z Challenge

    Twitter:
    @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was named after a German friend of the family, and my roots are Ukrainian - so nothing to do with Scandinavia at all!

      You don't have to tag me back. If you tag me, I'll tag you, and then you'll tag me... and I'm sure we'll end up in some strange space-time continuum that will destroy the world as we know it!

      Delete
  9. If you go to New Zealand, I'm stealing away in your suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for tagging me. I'm in fun company too. I hope you forgive me if I opt out. I don't usually do these things.

    If you ever do pick up Eat, Pray, Love, I recommend only reading the first two-thirds of the book. It falls apart after the prayer, when she meets the man.

    Oh, and I love your method for choosing chocolate cake. You don't mind if I borrow it, do you?

    Be well.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're forgiven. And the chocolate method is so perfect for you, I'm suprised you don't have your own method. It's such a great game to play, and you get to eat chocolate cake - win-win!

      Delete
  11. New Zealand is a really pretty place! I hope you get a chance to go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby's a singer, I might hint he needs to tour there and tag along :-)

      Delete
  12. I love your name also. I have a niece named Annalise and I love hers as well. Great questions and answers. I lvoe reading these. I just got tagged so I have to go think of some questions that have not already been used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been an explosion recently, but it's such fun reading them all!

      Delete
  13. Thanks for tagging me, lady! I've never met another Annalisa, and it is a beautiful name, very regal, I think. Always conjures up an image of a beautiful maiden with piles of curls on her head in some elaborate coiffure and a fantastic dress for me. And of course she would be eating chocolate bon-bons. Now I'm off to figure out some answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet I was a complete tom-boy until I was about 25! Rarely wore a skirt, let alone a dress :-)

      Delete
  14. Hahahaha I feel the same way about my name. And it has happened that I met someone with my name. And it was a Russian guy. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you can overcome your fear of heights and climb the Eiffel Tower. I took the elevator, which was much easier. What a view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, that's the thing - I love the views you get from being high up. One day, one day...

      Delete
  16. Hi Annalisa! Thank you for tagging me with this, how fun. I'm going to have to think about your questions and write up a post, thank you!

    I enjoyed reading your answers. Talking about your name made me chuckle, as I had the opposite experience. When I was in school, there seemed to be about 10 other Julies everywhere I went! I was jealous of the girls who had more unusual names. Your name is lovely.

    Thank you again for thinking of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed schools when I was ten, and ended up on a table with 4 Claires. Just me and them! A little bit surreal, and there must be a story in it, somehow.

      Delete
  17. Me again! I forgot to say in my previous comment, congratulations on the release of Cat & the Dreamer!! I love the title and can't wait to read the story. I'm sending you a big round of applause. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.