Wednesday 18 August 2010

View From a Tor

At the top of a tor on Dartmoor this afternoon, I realised that I hadn't been near my computer for several days - which, when I started this blog, was never the intention. I had hoped that I would regularly have thoughts to share; in fact, an abundance of thoughts was my expectation. But then, between the ages of about 15 and 23 I kept a diary, and it was always interspersed with gaps lasting weeks, sometimes months. I revived it when I was about 32 when I realised that a lot had changed in my life, but it didn't last.

Because I am currently aware of only 2 people reading this blog (hello Amy and Helen, hopefully you're both still there!!) I decided to treat it as I did my diary. But then I realised that I have never - original diary included - committed anything to paper without running it through my head first, working out the shape and sound of the paragraph. So in fact, I could have been writing this for several days, sub-consciously. Not sure it was worth it, now....

Still, sat at the top of my tor, I did start to feel inspired, so I'm glad I went, and I'm glad I got torrentionally rained upon!!

2 comments:

  1. Please note: I do know how to spell torrentially, I have no idea where the 'on' came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still here!
    I also have a similar diary experience - I also kept a diary for years, but this has tailed off. Teenage diary entries are horrendously embarrassing though (I have a diary of 6th form back in Cornwall as well)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.