Monday 21 April 2014

Scotland... Or 'What I did on my Easter hols'

I'm home!! Before I share some of my photos, I would just like to thank my guest posters for keeping my blog company while I was away. I promise I will get around to reading all your comments, and replying, but right now I'm just trying to get the house in order, defrost the freezer, and get to know our new puppy, Artoo.



One of my first views of the Highlands, or at least, one of the first views where I actually had my camera ready!



Half way up a mountain, watching the clouds roll in and roll back out again. This photo doesn't even begin to do the view justice.

At the top of the mountain, looking across at another mountain (right). You can just about make out some buildings at the foot of the mountain - one of them is the cottage we stayed in.

I can prove it was the top of the moutain because below is the view directly behind me. We reached the saddle - we could have gone higher, but the wind and the rain were raging by this point.



We took a train ride from Kyle of Lochalsh across country to Dingwall, just a couple of stops short of Inverness. We got up at 4.45am to make sure we were at the station by 6.10am. All the photos before this one were rather dark!
On the last day, the weather was perfect (above and right) and the loch was completely still. These photos were taken about a mile's walk away from the cottage we stayed in.
Two photos of the mountain I climbed, taken from the front door.
Our neighbours - th
e sheep who got into our garden a couple of times with his mates, and a baby Highland Cow.

And finally, we had some amazing sunsets.




30 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Hard to get a bad shot of the highlands in Scotland though. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Those photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was very pleased the reflection shots came out so well - it was such a beautiful morning.

      Delete
  3. Now those are some awesome pictures. I know how hard it can be to do the view justice, but I can totally see how amazing those spots were!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos! That cow is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He came right up to the fence and let us stroke him. The mother was hanging around though, so we didn't stay too long.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I went to Scotland once, in college, during a January winter break. The skies were not so blue, nor the grass so green in January, I'm afraid. But it was still lovely, and someday I want to go back to Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a couple of nights in Edinburgh, but I only really saw the castle. I'd love to go back too. There was some snow on the peaks - I took photos of those too, but they didn't come out very well.

      Delete
  6. Wow just lovely. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog today. Thank you for sharing. I feel refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel refreshed too, but somehow the holiday seems so long ago. Isn't it strange how time goes all wibbly-wobbly like that?

      Delete
  7. Hi human, Annalisa,

    Welcome back from Scotland. Lovely photos of a lovely country. My humans have fond memories of their trips up to Scotland.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny the friendly host of the Alphabark Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Penny and Gary. It was a lovely holiday - lots of open spaces and sheep to chase, Penny ;-)

      Delete
  8. Looks idyllic, so peaceful. Glad you had a great time. You got a new puppy, that will keep you busy!
    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne. The puppy had a quiet first night, but was very noisy last night :-( He's sleeping now :-/

      Delete
  9. Oh wow these photos are stunning. I've always wanted to visit Scotland. Now even more so.

    I hope you will share pics of your new pup! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely be sharing some photos, when I can get him to sit still ;-)

      Delete
  10. So glad you had a good time! Love the little sheep and his mate. How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sheep wasn't that little, just very far away! (Ha, I'm chuckling to myself right now, and if you've seen the Father Ted series, you might be too... Huh, just me then?)

      Delete
  11. Love it. I left Texas for a moment and enjoyed the view. Glad you had a nice break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when photos drag me away. I feel very relaxed after my holiday!

      Delete
  12. Hi Annalisa .. it looks just beautiful - and I'm so pleased you had a blissful few days ... happy settling back in and welcome home! Looking forward to seeing more photos .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to wait for my son to sort out his photos - they will be 100 times more stunning than anything I could take! Settling back is proving hard with the new-puppy training!

      Delete
  13. Lovely pictures! I've never been to Scotland (especially bad as hubby is half Scots). I'm hoping to go this autumn and your photos have made me even more keen to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you go to the Highlands, Patsy, you will be bowled over. I've only been a couple of times, but I'd love to go back again. It's a long drive from down here though!

      Delete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.