I've also just heard that my short story didn't make it through to the short list stage of the Bath Short Story Award. On the plus side, this was the second time this particular story has made the long list of a competition this year, so I will be submitting it elsewhere ASAP!
* * * * *
Secondly, I have been nominated for a couple of awards recently, so I'm going to accept them now.
Write with Fey gave me a Creative Blogger award. Thank you Chrys!
The rules for accepting are:
1) Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Share 5 facts about yourself.
3) Nominate 10-20 blogs, and notify them.
4) Pass on the rules.
Rachel's Ramblings gave me The Infinity Dreams Award. Thank you Rachel!
The rules for this one are:
1) Thank the blog that nominated you.
2) Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3) Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4) Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Chrys's questions for me :
1) If you could be any superhero, who would it be and why? Wonder Woman because she's completely, stonkingly awesome.
2) If you had to choose between permanently too hot or too cold, which one would you choose? Too hot, definitely. I work in an air conditioned gym, and I'm always so cold!
3) What's your ultimate writing dream? To win the Booker Prize. It's been the same dream since I was about 16.
And now for my facts (11 of them - to meet the requirements of the Creative Blogger award, you can stop reading after 5, if you want.)
- I have broken the big and little toes of my left foot. So far - touch wood - the right foot is safe.
- I cannot sing a single note in tune.
- But I love listening to music.
- I've had some bizarre crushes in my time, but currently it's Constable Crabtree from Murdoch Mysteries.
- I have never seen The Sound of Music, intentionally.
- I listened to so much hard rock/heavy metal when I was pregnant with #2 son that he would only fall asleep to rock music.
- I dislike drinking coffee, but love coffee cake and coffee chocolates.
- I love cake and chocolate.
- I re-read my favourite books over and over. I have read Pride and Prejudice at least 30 times, and watched the BBC version of it at least that many times.
- I put a tiny piece (and sometimes, not so tiny piece) of myself in almost every character I write.
- Erm... I like the colour orange.
I am going to select my nominees now, but I will leave it up to them to choose to accept one of the awards, both or none. I will also try not to nominate people who have already received these awards from other people - it's a tall order!
Mark Koopmans, Joanne Faries, Julie Flanders, Tyrean Martinson, Elizabeth Seckman, Madeline Mora-Summonte, Laura Clipson, Liz Young and the Neurotic Workoholic.
If you choose to accept the Infinity Dreams award, my questions are:
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- Do you have a nickname?
- Which film/book have you revisited the most?
- Exactly how much do you like cake?
And now I'm going to write in the sun, because it's hot today!