Sunday 1 May 2011

Day One

The challenge begins! 80,000 words in 80 days. Sounds easy enough. Just 1000 words a day... I had a look at the blog, and the Facebook page, and some people have done over 4000 words already. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to sustain a pace like that.

Today I wrote... nothing.

I have excuses! I had to work this morning, helping make the population of South East Cornwall fit and healthy. Then, when I came home, I had to watch the Man City-West Ham game. A good game, and City won, but all the same I'm left with a feeling of fear that the dream might come crashing down. It's what happens when you support City, crushing realism!

Anyway, this isn't a blog about gyms and football, it's a blog about writing, and about how I am talking about not writing when I could actually be doing some writing right now.

Perhaps I will get a few words down on Day One after all.


Edited 20:04    I have just completed 1001 words. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.