Monday 18 January 2016

Shortlisted, off to London!

I've been sitting on this secret since the middle of November, and at last I can share it...

I'm one of the shortlisted authors for the Costa Short Story Award!

For those of you not up to date with the short story scene, and/or not based in the UK, this is a big deal.

It's a competition, linked in with the Costa Book Awards, for UK only writers. Judging - and subsequent voting by the general public - is completely anonymous, which obviously keeps the judging solely about the stories not the authors.

I've done a proper, author-sounding announcement on my web site, so right now I'm just going to...


Right, that's done... although I don't think it fully reflects the excitement and nervousness I'm feeling. In fact, I don't think I have the words at all... which is a little bit worrying for a writer, I know.

Next week, I'll be going to the Costa Book Awards to find out if I've won, and also to see the winner of their Book of the Year announced. I've got my dress ready, and all I need to do is practise walking in my new shoes, and stop panicking... Easier said than done, on both counts.

There will be updates. And photos... Lots and lots of photos!

Until then, please cross your fingers and think positive thoughts for me.



28 comments:

  1. Excellent! Fingers crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! Just being shortlisted is massive. The very best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations. A big deal indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Enjoy the experience. Good-luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that's amazing! I hope you win!! Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annalisa - that's amazing ... I'm so pleased for you - in fact I'm so chuffed for you ... you're one of us blogging folk, but an author who does things ... a very big deal - now I shall pay attention to these awards ... I might even curtsy as I cross into Cornwall - when I next do!! Gosh - that is brilliant .. no wonder you're so pleased ... then having to keep it under your hat for so long - clever!!

    Excellent and I'm jumping with joy for you too ... that's fantastic ... enjoy, enjoy!!!!! - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LISTENED to Annalisa's interview .. hope you all get a chance to hear her ... it was well worth it ... and such wise words re her story etc .. wonderful and such a great feather in your cap ... enjoy the weekend - cheers Hilary

      Delete
  7. Big congratulations!! Now on to the win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yee-haw from across the pond. Kudos, wow, ultra cool and good luck. I'm rooting for you!!! Congrats on being nominated - wow - and now on to the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Annalisa! Good luck and have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got all my positive thoughts! Here's to winning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of Luck to you! Remember, Stay Calm and Carry On. Enjoy the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! That is awesome news. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, that's AMAZING news!! Congrats, Annalisa!! I'm keeping all my fingers crossed for you!! Can't wait to see the photos :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely splendid news, Annalisa! Well done and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you all the best and congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, Annalisa that's huge! Many congratulations. Crossing everything for you. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful! Good luck and enjoy the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG!

    Very well done Annalisa!! What a fantastic accomplishment. You are already a winner, no matter what happens on the day. But I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Really made up for you!!! JOLLY WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks everyone! It's been a really hectic 36 hours, but I'm having fun... I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My fingers are crossed, and congratulations! Have fun, too! That's really cool that you were short-listed for the award; maybe you could include that information in your query if the story hasn't been published yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG,Annalisa - that is amazing news and so well deserved! Good luck, good luck, good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! That's wonderful news! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay! I'm so excited for you. No matter what happens, you've earned this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I caught this on FB this morning. Super fantastic news! Well deserved. You are an amazing writer! Enjoy the presentations and wearing that special dress! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful 3rd ... so so pleased for you ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.