To find out what the dickens this is all about, click this link here and all will be revealed. I signed up a long time ago and I have turned my brain to jelly taking part in NaNoWriMo, but basically - I think - I have to answer the questions below. There might be more to it, but one step at a time...
1. How many speeding tickets have you gotten? None, I can't drive, and I'd have to run pretty fast to get a ticket!
2. Can you pitch a tent? No, but I can watch one being put up, usually whilst entertaining kids who've been cooped up in a car for hours. I play Frisbee instead.
3. What was your worst vacation ever? That would have to be camping holiday in the rain... I can't choose which one, because there have been several, but we keep going back for more...
4. What was the last thing you bought over $100? As I'm in the UK, I'm going to change that to £100... but actually, I can't think of the last thing I bought for that amount - I imagine the water bill doesn't count?
5. We're handing you the keys to what? My new house - it's detached, about 100 years old, large fireplaces, large rooms, a modern kitchen and a view of the sea. Thank you very much!
6. What was the last meal cooked that made even you sick? About 7 years ago I gave myself full-on food poisoning by cooking some fish I found in the freezer. Usually Hubby cooks, but he was out - I was cooking sausages for the kids, but there weren't enough for me so I had the fish... BIG mistake!
7. Fill in the blank: Oh my gosh! Becky, look at her butt! It is so big. She looks like _____? Sorry, I can't answer this, I wouldn't say anything like that.
8. What was your first car? Although my answer to question 1 was I can't drive, I did buy myself a car when I was attempting to learn. It was a Ford Fiesta, I owned it for about six months. I even bought it a Manchester City air freshener tag.
9. Your best friend falls and gets hurt. Do you ask if he/she's okay or laugh first? I'd always check she was okay first, then laugh.
10. What's the worst song ever? Far, far too many to list... currently, Gangnam Style and Candy by Robbie Williams. I usually don't remember bad songs, my head is too full of great songs.
Ohh, how can anyone not love Gangnam Style? :pReplyDelete
I believe we have discussed this at length, and agreed to disagree - but both of us have agreed not to do it at bus stops!! :-)Delete
Manchester City? Have you got the whole kit and caboodle, or just the scarf?ReplyDelete
Alas I have none of the above - I am but a poor writer and live many miles from Manchester, so I've no need for a scarf... but I do have a mug, which I (and only I) drink from. In fact, I refuse to use any other mug.Delete
Nice to meet you. Love your integrity and refusal to answer #7. I played too. I am a new follower.ReplyDelete
Hi Rhonda, nice to meet you too! Thanks for the follow :-)Delete
Interesting answers! You're pretty much a girl after my own heart with a couple of differences: I can drive (but have never owned my very own car!) and I would DEFINITELY be the one struggling with the tent!ReplyDelete
Even when Hubby's putting up the tent, he sometimes has to start again because something's gone wrong. I think he's planning to buy something easier for next time!Delete
My answer to #7 was the same. And I like your idea for the new house. Sounds perfect!ReplyDelete
I've had a long time to think about my perfect house, even though I may never actually own it :-(Delete
I went with Gangnam style too. And boy, would I love to have a house with a view of the sea.ReplyDelete
I once had a half-inch square view of sea from my first flat. You had to stand on a chair though.Delete
Not bad fish!ReplyDelete
And what is it about camping? Why do people do it when so many of us don't enjoy it?
Actually, there have been a lot of fishy food poisoning answers to that question, and I'm relieved I'm not the only one!Delete
Camping is cheap and easy and exciting for the kids... that's why I do it. And when it's dry I love not wearing shoes and feeling the grass between my toes while I'm eating breakfast.
Oh bad fish-- not a good thought. Congratulations on being ticket-free. So far in reading all these posts in this hop, it's a half and half venture. And yes, camping in rain sounds horrid!ReplyDelete
I let Hubby cook now! As for the camping, when you unpack your clean underwear and it's already damp, it's time to go home :-)Delete
Oh, I want that new house too! Sounds perfect.ReplyDelete
I hate camping in general so I can't even imagine camping in the rain. Wow would I be a grouch LOL.
I admit, I was a little grouchy the last time we camped, because we were all in bed by half eight through lack of light and shivering!Delete
Water bill does count, and I'd love go see you get that ticket. ;)ReplyDelete
But my water bill isn't as exciting as some of the other purchases I've been reading about - where did my life go wrong? lolDelete
Camping in the rain is the worst, that's why I won't sleep in a tent anymore. Only a tent trailer/ReplyDelete
We might have to start thinking of alternatives, because the British weather doesn't seem to include a summer season anymore :-(Delete
I want the keys to a house like that too! You're so polite. If I'm ever around and I fall (my preference is always to trip up steps) feel free to laugh. It takes my mind off the pain. ;)ReplyDelete
I prefer falling down steps, to be honest :-)Delete
A tent in the rain isn't fun. I've done that several times too.ReplyDelete
Yes, next time I'm checking the weather before I pack the car!Delete
Oh man, having a house like that would be wonderful. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone hands you those keys someday. ;)ReplyDelete
Thanks Caitlin, I hope so too :-)Delete
Loved your answers especially worse song pick. Have a good one.ReplyDelete
I loved your song choice too.Delete
Yeah I've done some of those camping in the rain trips too - not fun! Must be something to do with Britsh summertime weather!ReplyDelete
Might be hotels for us from now on - dry rooms and hot showers!Delete
haha, Gagnam style, good choice.ReplyDelete
Allison (Geek Banter)
Your dream house sounds so charming!ReplyDelete
It will be :-)Delete
camping in the rain sucks! and you're the third person who named that song. hahaReplyDelete
I've seen Gangnam Style mentioned a few more times than that now!Delete
fun answers and indeed camping in the rain - ugh. Living in TX, I can't imagine not driving - yet, that sounds delightful as I sat in traffic forever today. Cheery post - made me chuckle.ReplyDelete
I use buses so I still end up stuck in traffic!Delete
Camping in the rain can be pretty miserable. But camping in general is fun enough to make up for it.ReplyDelete
It's rained the last three times... I'm not sure I remember the 'fun' bit any more :-)Delete
There is no leisure activity more unpleasant than camping in the rain. Ugh.ReplyDelete
I'm not sure. We once angled our sleeping bags with our heads lower than our feet and woke up with very puffy heads - that might be a little more unpleasant than the rain to be fair :-)Delete
i don't get that song either...drives me batty!!ReplyDelete
Until this post, I wasn't sure if I was the odd one out - I'm so glad I'm not!Delete
If you ever DO get a ticket for running, I'd really, really like to hear about it.ReplyDelete
Shannon at The Warrior Muse
If I ever get a ticket for running, I'll be telling EVERYONE about it :-DDelete
Lol! If you do every get pulled over for walking to fast- start running! I think everyone has a camping disaster story. These are hilarious!ReplyDelete
But most people don't go back and camp all over again the next summer!Delete
Of course you laugh when a friend falls as long as they are not hurt. I;m laughing just thinking about it hahaha!ReplyDelete
At what stage is recording them acceptable? :-)Delete
Camping in the rain - boo!ReplyDelete
And hey, congrats on winning NaNo!
I tried it for the first time this year, and nailed it, too!
Thanks - NaNo was so much fun, and I still can't believe I did it! Well done to you, too :-)Delete
Wish I could see pics of your old house and view of the sea. How cool!ReplyDelete
I hope, one day, my blog will be full of pics of my dream house... Might just need to sell one or two more books first though :-)Delete
Yes, it is. Thanks for agreeing!ReplyDelete