Saturday 13 August 2011

I'd like to thank my mother, my husband and my teddy bear...

Rebecca at Life in Clarity has given me and my blog a 'Liebster' award, which I'm so excited about. When I'm sat here babbling away, I never know how many people will ever read it. To know someone thinks my blog is great, and great enough for an award, is lovely and warming. Rebecca's blog is also a great one, which I love reading, so check her out too.

Here are the rules of the award:

The Liebster Award (meaning “friend” in German) is meant to connect us even more and spotlight new bloggers who have less than 200 followers – but hopefully not for long. The rules are:

1. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet – other writers.
5. And best of all – have fun and spread the karma!
 



Here are my choices:

Jen Campbell at This is not the six word novel who probably has far more than 200 followers now on account that she writes, within her blog, a very successful list of 'Weird thing people say in bookshops'. She works in a shop and people say weird things to her.

Amy Cockram at Stuff and Nonsense who uses her blog to review books in a very warm and witty way. We studied A-Level English together, although she remembers so much more than me!

Maria Perry Mohan at Gaelikaa's Diary has a wonderful way with words. She is part of a group of bloggers who choose a weekly topic to write about. As a result, her blog is varied and interesting.


 
Valerie O'Riordan at Not Exactly True who won the 2010 Bristol Short Story Prize.


Linda K at Excuse Me While I Note That Down who started her blog in May and notes all the ups and downs of writing - rejections and good ideas all in the same post!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Annalisa for the award, which I accept with pleasure. Thanks also for your kind words about my blog. I have enjoyed visiting yours and look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Annalisa! Off to check out your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome Maria, although apologies for the post I chose to announce it on. I'll be back to read it soon.

    Thank you Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Blog love is all around us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have checked out all your recommendations Annalisa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - yes, and lots of new blogs to check out! I find it hard enough to settle to writing at the best of times. Is Blogger enough of an occupation, do you think?

    Rebecca - hope you liked them. I've been checking out yours too. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Annalisa, for the award. I've only had the presence of mind to collect it now. Thanks for the lovely things you said about my blog. I'm attempting to resume blogging after a bit of a hiatus, so I'll be visiting you regularly!

    Mx

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.