Aw shucks! I just got over the thrill of being awarded the Liebster award when my friend and fellow blogger Amy at Stuff and Nonsense, who I awarded with a Liebster award on Saturday, awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award.
The premise of this award is that to accept it, I must tell you ten things about myself that you don't already know, and then nominate further bloggers. Ummmmm..... As I'm quite an open person, so I'm not sure all of these revelations will come as any kind of surprise, but I'll do my best:
1) I'm somewhat superstitious, but not in the normal ways. I never kiss anyone over a threshold, I have to be on the same side of the door, and if I go out but have to return to the house - forgotten keys, umbrella etc - I have to sit down for the count of 10. Admittedly I don't walk under ladders, but that's not for superstitious purposes, I'm just so clumsy I'm afraid I'll bump into it and cause havoc.
2) I fully expect one day to be walking down the road and for a full Grease finale-style song-and-dance routine to spring up around me. The rise of iPods has gone some way to making me even more hopeful.
3) The first single I bought was Chesney Hawkes' I am the one and only.
4) My first crush was David Essex.
5) My second published short story was basically a sex scene with a bit of plot tacked on the beginning and end. I was 19. My mum read it, said it was good, then wrapped it in cling film. She did the same to a Beatrix Potter book. I'm still not sure what this says about me, my mum or Beatrix Potter.
6) I am proud to say I have never watched a single episode of Sex and the City, nor either of the films.
7) I haven't eaten any chocolate for two - possibly three - days, which is a minor miracle for me. And now I've realised, guess what I'm thinking about?
8) I cannot sing a single note in tune, but that doesn't stop me singing in the car while my singer husband drives. I think he's learnt how to tune me out now.
9) Everything else I could write here is too embarrassing, so I'm going to stop here and leave you wondering!
And now, it's time to nominate my bloggers (which will be different to the last selection, of course):
Rebecca Bradley at Life in Clarity for always having a friendly word to say, being positive, finding time to comment on blog posts, and therefore showing me how to be a great blogger.
Sally at Quiller's Place - View From the Shed for organising the MYWYN challange and being incredibly supportive and encouraging to new bloggers and writers.
Sarah at Empty White Pages especially nominated for her dedication to her current series of literary musical references.
Congratulations Annalisa! I give you a super amount of credit for going that long without chocolate.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on the award Annalisa, and thank you for passing it on to me. I'll have to think of something interesting :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Jenny, but unfortunately I can't make the same claim today - whoops! I find I need somthing while I'm writing though. My luxury is Thorntons chocs - they make the writing flow so easily!ReplyDelete
Sarah, you're welcome. It's tricky to find something to say - that's why mine were only 'quite' interesting, and stopped at 8!