I did it! I completed the whole month! I put up 26 vignettes, some of which I wasn't completely happy with, but I got wonderful comments anyway, so...
Thank you for visiting my blog this April!!
I decided on taking part in February, because I'd started to stagnate with my blog - I wasn't sure what I was doing with it or whether I was enjoying it any more. I chose to write vignettes because I'd spent the previous few months writing them for a competition entry and really enjoyed them - capturing scenes and moments in time without explanation or back story really suits me.
And, best of all, I've come away from the month teeming with ideas - not only for more vignettes and short pieces, but another novella (possibly just flipping over into novel-length territory).
- I met some brand new bloggers that I'm really looking forward to getting to know better
- I reconnected with some bloggers I've lost touch with
- I was organised enough to visit and comment on other blogs - although I still have replies to write to the people who visited me
- I didn't eat as much chocolate as I thought I would
- The dog wasn't neglected
- My kids still recognise me!
The Not-So Good
- I started with the intention of visiting a lot of new blogs, working my way down the linky list, but as the month went on, I just didn't have time for as many new blogs as I hoped for.
- I managed to completely ignore some of the blogs I've followed for years, in some cases not even realising they were taking part! I am so sorry if that was you.
- I got so tired, and when I get tired I get grumpy... So I got grumpy too... oops!
And now, I'm looking forward to getting back to normal, to pulling out my WIP and having a few computer-free, coffee shop writing sessions.
How about you? How was your month?
Did you take part in the challenge, or sit back and read other people's efforts?