So, this is a photo of me, pretending to write!
I'm posting it because maybe by looking at it I'd remember I am a writer and actually, you know, do some writing. (A bit like people who are trying to lose weight putting a photo of themselves at their ideal weight on the fridge door!)
It's not like I don't have anything to write - I've got a pile of stuff I can do.
- I have a novel is waiting to be read through and completely re-written in a slightly different voice (don't ask!)
- I want to re-write my first ever novel (well, actually, I want to take the characters and setting, but completely change the story.)
- I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago with a great first line, which is now scribbled on the back on an envelope waiting for me to do something with it!
- I've also got a marketing idea for Cat and The Dreamer that I need to get on to, as well, for those days when writing seems far too hard
See, lots to do. And what am I actually doing...
- Watching Homes Under the Hammer
- Considering doing the ironing
- Breathing after taking part in the A-Z Challenge and the First Loves Blogfest
Yesterday, however, I submitted an entry to the Bridport Prize, so I haven't been completely useless. And I'd actually like to research a few more competitions, because I have several short stories that I'd love to get out. (I find searching for magazines - real or online - is hard work, so I tend to avoid doing that, even though that's how I got my first stories published. Note to self: submit to magazines again.)
If anyone has some motivational tips to share with me, I'll gladly receive them! I'm in need of having a butt-kicking to get myself into gear.