Thursday 29 March 2012

Introducing the Blogging from A - Z Challenge


The A - Z Challenge starts in a couple of days time, so I thought I'd introduce the theme I've decided to blog about. If you haven't heard about the challenge before, or you want to know more, click the logo above and you'll be transported to the answers. You'll be able to sign up until the 1st April.

So, my theme... (I really wish I had a drum-roll here, I feel like it needs one...)

I will be blogging about the books and authors (and possibly the music when I need a cheat) that have inspired me and my writing - which sounds simple enough, doesn't it? These posts are not designed to be book reviews, so I'm choosing to resist re-reading them, or even glancing at the blurb. This challenge will be why I liked these books, and how they helped me.

I've been productive, and currently have all but five letters determined. I just have to figure out how much I'm going to allow myself to cheat!
This is my first time doing this challenge. I only actually found out about it in December, so I don't even have the luxury of having read the posts from last year's challenge. I can only hope that I'm doing it right!

So, that's my theme. I hope you enjoy reading, and I hope I have been inspired alphabetically, otherwise I'll have twenty-seven entries for C and nothing for the rest!

Here's the list of fellow participants - please check some of them out, even if you're not participating yourself. You never know who/what you might find!


28 comments:

  1. Great idea for a theme! (not doing the a to Z as I'll be away most of April but will try to catch some of the posts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool theme! There are so many cool ideas for this Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading some of the other themes people have - they're so great!

      Delete
  3. What a great theme! I'm participating as well. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme, Annalisa. I ended up cheating some on X. I have all but Y and Z loaded up. The challenge will be great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Sound like you're going to be writing some awesome stuff! i can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with some of them, but not others. I keep re-reading them and wondering how I can make them better!

      Delete
  6. Wow. Nearly 1,400 blogs.

    I'm certain your posts will be just what they need to be, Annalisa. This is my first year participating, as well, and I'd be willing to bet that we both have a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how big this challenge is becoming!

      I've got my fingers crossed that the later letters are as good as the earlier ones!

      Delete
  7. Great theme! I don't know if I could ever do it, 26 post on a single thing? I'd get stuck somewhere XD And I still have most of mine to write...though I have week one done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some gaps at the moment - N and O, for example!

      Delete
  8. Wonderful idea for a theme. I'm excited it's almost time for the Challenge. Can't believe April is just about here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for your theme! I'm really looking forward to your posts. And, I had to laugh about the 27 entries for C! :D

    Have a great weekend, and I'll see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling the pressure of having raised people's expectations!

      Have a great weekend too! I'm working on Sunday, I won't even know if my scheduled post will go up until the evening... argh, more panic! :-)

      Delete
  10. Sweet theme! I'm excited to see your posts. (And C is the best letter, so I wouldn't mind 26 C posts, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely theme, similar to the one I had prepared (mine included a few posts on favourite music and art and science facts) before opting out of A-Z. Maybe I'll post them throughout the year.
    Will try to check yours whenever I am online.
    Have fun, most imp otherwise it becomes a chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame you had to opt out, Rek, but you're welcome here anytime!

      Delete
  12. Great theme idea. Good luck with the challenge. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Misha. Still writing posts - I'd hoped to be all done by now. In fact, still thinking of topics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent theme, me like!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, and look forward to seeing you around in April!
    ---Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to it, and seeing as it's now day 1, i'll be back soon to read your first post :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.