- I started a newsletter. I have seven lovely sign-ups, will there be any more? And if they are, will they read it, or just send it to their spam? Do I have enough information to fill a newsletter? Does anyone care?? The box to sign up is over there, on the right, you know - if you want to -------> --------->
- I haven't written anything for ages. I know I'm in the thinking phase (don't laugh - this phase is important for me, I'm not a sit down and write xxx words every day type of writer). At the moment I have vague images of a man who's a writer, a hotel, an explosion, and a feeling I get when I hear a specific song. I've also been really inspired by some old photos of my local area - a young photographer has superimposed old and new photos of the same scene, and I know I want to use that. My hometown (the city I now live next to) has some of the most amazing buildings which were left to decay (or bombed out of existence) during World War II. I'd love to bring them back to life in this next book, but I'm not sure how.
- Hubby is away on tour (I might have mentioned it). He arrived in Europe on Monday - and so far, #2 son has bumped his head three times, and woke up last night feeling sick. Things really do fall apart when he's not here!
I think that's everything. It's probably enough, isn't it? I could probably splurge a lot more onto the page, but it would end up as wanton self-pity and end in copious amounts of tears.
On a positive note:
- It's not going to rain today
- I looked in the mirror and noticed one of my 'problem' areas is finally improving!! (It's only taken 10 years, early days really!)
- Some scientist somewhere has suggested we might have another lovely summer this year
- I haven't eaten chocolate for five days
- I'm off to have coffee with a friend today
How are you? Tell me your positives, I want to feel happy today!