Friday, 24 April 2015

Undetectable #AtoZchallenge




I creep, I lurk, I skulk. I drift in and out, all around. I walk beside strangers, because I have nothing else to do. I watch them buy things they don’t need, food they scoff quickly in their lunch breaks, gossip with friends over coffee.
No one sees me. I’m a ghost, a memory, a heap of clothes discarded in a dank alley. In truth, I don’t know what I am any more. I was a girl; a teenager with friends and a mocha addiction. But it changed, suddenly, one night, one late quiet night when I was walking home. I don’t know what happened. A sharp pain, a dizziness, an emptiness.
I creep, I lurk, I skulk undetected. Because I have nothing else to do.

Don't forget to check out the other challengers!

22 comments:

  1. Was she injected with some mutant serum? Did she have latent shifter abilities and now she's a rat?? I love your mystery posts ;)

    You can find me here:
    ClarabelleRant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rat? What a great idea - I hadn't considered that!

      Delete
  2. well bit of a creepy,but i pity her for her helplessness

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Ghost of Death! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, she is, but I hope she gets some closure soon.

      Delete
  5. She has nothing to do. Hmm...sounds like a great premise for a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. un-dead of sorts. You captured so much in so few words. Uncanny. Good job. You may have a glass of wine now - it's happy hour I think in the UK. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, I think I shall have a glass of wine... as I did yesterday, when I first read your comment :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh Annalisa! How incredibly sad. i want to grab her insubstancial soul and hug her back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi human, Annalisa,

    In a flash, I read this too my confused human, Gary. He relates to your story in a very real way.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny. Make sure you give Gary extra hugs tonight xx

      Delete
  9. This one gets me right in the heart - so very sad. Not only is she lost, she doesn't understand either or know what to do.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely stuck in limbo at the moment. I'm glad you liked it.

      Delete
  10. That was a very powerful piece of flash fiction! You should definitely consider taking it further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. I might do. But I think my writing superpower is never having to explain, to just present. With something longer, I'd have to explain.

      Delete

Please comment - I love a good chat!