Today, I am doing something different. Over the past couple of days, I've started several T themed vignettes for today's post - and they were all just wrong.
So, I thought I'd introduce this author (me!) to my new followers, and maybe say something new to my regular readers.
- I have no idea what genre I actually write - in fact, I don't think I write in any. I normally use the tagline contemporary stories with elements of paranormal. Or shades of..., hints of... etc. I sometimes think I'm just bluffing my way through.
- I was about 7 when I started writing, with a marvellous story about a flying golden horse, that I unfortunately threw away!
- This means I have been writing for over 30 years, and lived through the time when submitting via snail mail and waiting months for a response was common, and self-publishing was really not an option. Everything I've learned about writing and accepting rejection came from that period. I actually cherish it, and the rejection letters I received.
- I once told someone that I was going to win the Booker Prize when I was 56, and I have written with that goal in mind ever since. Being so sure that will happen has prevented me giving up writing on several occasions.
- I was never formally taught grammar. I started school in the late seventies when traditional teaching seemed to be unfashionable. I was never taught my times tables either!
- And finally, if you've been following my challenge posts, you'll notice my real voice is a lot different to my author voice. I don't know what happens - as soon as I start to write, I get very dark very quickly!
So, that's a very small part of me. If you want to ask questions, please feel free!
Don't forget to check out the other challengers!